17 January 2008

Playing with my stuff

I love this photo of Paddy, at his happiest by the ocean. The sand look was done using krylon's make it suede. the can had been sitting on my shelf for years because I had to have it once to use on something, possibly four years ago. Woohoo another used product.
this truly defines simple, done in ten minutes, using rubons, hero arts stamps and a black pen to scribble my frames, all put on a piece of hemp/papery/fabricy stuff.
Did this one a little while ago, used paint, cardstock, distress ink and some stickers.
This was a total scraplift, not something I normally do but I had not scrapped for ages and had lost confidence that I could. weird isn't it that something you love doing can just 'go' for a while. The whole process of putting it together even though it was someone elses design helped me to get that creative flow back again.

One of my scrapping resolutions this year was to use the things I have, not necessarily not to buy new stuff but to use what is there already as well. I am a terror for saving things for that special project and so the items just sit there because i always think it is going to be the next layout I use them on, plus I have a huge amount of rubber stamps which I love but don't use the entire lot of them. So, so far this year I have pulled out a few of my unused stamps, bling that has sat in a jar for a while, papers I was saving for goodness knows what, stickers, embossing templates, charms, button and even my anywhere hole punch. I've dusted off these and other things and actually made yourself use them. You know what, It feels kinda good, the layouts might not be brilliant but the satisfaction sure is.

No comments: