14 October 2008

Once upon a time...


My eldest son Jackson sported gorgeous long golden locks, as apposed to the short dark mohawk he has now (not the big punk rock mohawk, think more Becks type, maybe a little longer) this photos was taken around five years ago while on holiday in Victor Harbor. I have decided to do a little mini album on all the dos he has had, it seems to change so often.
The paper is called Jackson lodge (appropriate I thought) by Collage Press, the foam stamps are from the KOTM set by Lisa Bearnson released last year some time, I think they did a re release agian only a few months back. I stamped the stars around my journaling and title with versamark and then embossed, the brown stars were stamped onto vellum with jumbo java chalk ink then cut out, the title was also stamped in jumbo java(love that colour) Please don't look too close at the stitching along the horizontal straight strip, one thing I learned after doing this is not to try to sew after mounting your photos, very difficult. That's what you get for last minute decisions. The journaling was printed onto vellum, haven't used that stuff in scrapbooking for quite some time and kinda enjoyed it. The layout is from a sketched design I found on a piece of scrap paper in a nook next to my computer, I can't even remember where it came from or what the original looked like but I must have liked it to bother to sketch it out. I did vary a bit from the sketch but I always seem to. I do have a book to put ideas into but seldom seem to use it, I guess if inspiration hits I just grab whatever is closest to write on.
TFL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susy... your son and your work are gorgeous. TLC doesn't have to be straight... hugs are not straight either.

XX

Niki Estes said...

What a great page, Susy! I love your layouts!

Team Design-Bytes said...

Susy,
Is your blog a little wonky? Your banner appears all the way to the left and the writing in the header text runs outside the banner. All of your text is now left aligned excpet the blog links. It doesn't appear that I'm having issues with anyone else's blog... just this one?
-K