13 October 2009

And even more stuff...

So what season did you say it was?
Just on six weeks until the official beginning of summer and we are still getting days like this, not that I'm complaining mind you. He's a good, good man...Chopping wood to keep his family warm.
We thought it would be the last of fires for the year but with a cool wet snap here I'm just glad that I never went to the trouble to give the fire it's last thorough clean for the year.

Scraperlicious challenge number four-change.

As soon as I read on the blog that this months challenge was about change I knew I wanted to use this photo. When I looked at it the first time after printing I was amazed at how much things have changed in the last 17 years between Jackson's birth and the day this photo was taken(My nieces wedding)He from a tiny baby that Mum used to cuddle on her lap to a teenage boy that stands a good head taller than her. and her... well she has had many changes in that time, both happy and sad, good and bad and then there is ever effecting time. I am surprised that I was able to fit the journaling in,and me not usually a big journaler, could have written double what I have here, not easy to condense so much about their lives into a few short paragraphs.


A closer view, you can see here the tone on tone border strip which doesn't show clearly in the top photo.

PP-cosmo cricket, Stamps-Technique Tuesday, Border punch-(you knew I would have to squeeze one of those in somewhere,lol) fiskars Diecut frame-Quickutz Cardstock-(Kraft) Aussiescrapsource (brown) brand unknown but purchased from Camelot studio in Adelaide.



4 comments:

Sandie said...

Fab Susy, just love it!!!
xxxxx

Jacqueline said...

Susy your photographing skills just astound me everytime I see one of your posts...you capture real life so full of color and warmth. You are truly a talent! This page is just brilliant!! The colors, picture and details fit so perfectly...you inspire me!

Unknown said...

Oh Susy..This layout is perfect...Maybe this month I will actually get time to do one...LOL! And YES Bren is the perfect hubby!! I know how you like keeping warm...LOVE you sweetie...OH LOOK NOT LONG NOW!!! Missing you more that I can say!! Xx

Eve said...

Breathtaking as usual....... Thanks for sharing!